KC Friendly Games Tournament
Overland Park Soccer Complex | August 9th – 11th, 2013
Welcome to the 2013 KC Friendly Games Home Page…. established and recognized as the premier "curtain raiser" for the fall season!
The 8th annual event will be hosted on August 9th – 11th, 2013 at the world class Overland Park Soccer Complex, three games are guaranteed!
The finest youth soccer clubs from the Midwest and across the United States are invited to take part in this three-day, high-level competition, designed to promote quality soccer and player development over wins and losses. Many States Champions and Regional Champions have participated in this event in the past but we also offer 3 LEVELS of play – GOLD, SILVER & BRONZE, so all levels of team can participate!
This tournament has a unique format: Each team will play 3 pool games and will conclude with matching up with a team from the opposite pool. For example, the two teams will play each other, the two 2nd placed teams and so on. Each team therefore will play 4 games.
With teams being matched with opponents of similar abilities for 4 games they are provided with the perfect "tune up" for their season.
Sign Up for 2013 KC Friendly Tournament
July 11th, 2013
Get Instant Results
Results will be available when brackets are done.
What Makes Us Different
1. Flexible Scheduling All out of state teams can request a later game start on Saturday and an earlier kick-off on Sunday.
2. Multiple Team Discount Bring 5 or more teams from you club to receive a Tournament Discount. SAVE $50 Per team.
3. College Showcase - Great Exposure!
Every women’s college coach from the following states has been invited to attend (Div I, II, III & NAIA):
View Women's College Coaches Contact List
4. Four Game Guarantee.
Overland Park Soccer Complex
- Play at the NEW ‘State of the art’ $36 million soccer complex in Overland Park
- Great central location in Overland Park
- Great hotel options to suit every team budget and taste
- 12 tournament-quality synthetic turf fields;
- Lighted fields for night use
- Great competition from all over the Midwest
- Play on a non-holiday weekend (spend those special times with family whilst saving more money)
- Scheduling requests encouraged and worked around
- Excellent referees
- The complex includes a multi-purpose building with concession areas
- Scoreboards, signage and other exciting amenities on location
- Local attractions including Deanna Rose Children's Farmstead and St Andrew’s Golf course adjacent to complex
- 4 games guaranteed
GSI has established the following procedure regarding tournament hotel reservations:
1. A condition of acceptance requires every “out of town” team to utilize one of the sanctioned hotels and book the rooms through Global Connections Inc. (GCI) using their online request system at www.GCITeamTravel.com. Global Connections has worked closely with the local hotels and has secured the best rates possible for this event. Outstanding properties will be available at affordable prices. Various options will also be available to satisfy team needs and all budgetary considerations.
2. A team failing to utilize Global Connections will not be permitted to participate in the tournament.
3. ALL teams traveling to participate in the tournament can designate a team representative to make the entire team’s request, or team members may do their own individually online at www.GCITeamTravel.com. GCI has secured tournament room blocks at reduced rates from a wide range of hotels to suit the needs of all participating teams. A list of the hotels can be found online for this specific tournament.
Reserving is easy. Simply log on to www.GCITeamTravel.com, select the tournament you’d like to reserve rooms for and follow the prompts to make your selection and room request.
800.950.1110 | toll free
913.451.0960 | phone
913.451.2141 | fax