The Nutmeg Tournament
Polo Grounds, Kansas City, MO | May 8th - 10th, 2015
The 7th Annual Nutmeg Tournament has been designed to specifically cater to Division 3 – 8 boys and girls teams, it's a great mid-season tournament for lower level premier (DII, III, IV, V) and recreational teams. Other GSI tournaments have been established as key area events for top premier teams, such as the GSI College Showcase, Border Battle and the KC Champions Cup. This tournament and the GSI Fall Cup is designed for Division 3 – 8 level teams. It matches the abilities of these Division premier teams, so that each game can be competitive and challenging for all involved. Division I and II teams will not be accepted. The Nutmeg is held at of the finest soccer facilities in the KC Metro area – The Polo Fields are NOW back to their very best after much needed rest!
A Few Key Benefits
- Beautiful Natural Grass Facility
- Team Awards – great individual player trophies & team awards
- We work hard on bracketing teams, every game is competitive
- Online Registration and text message score updates
- Three  Games + Finals[Friday/Saturday/Sunday]
- Same Coach - Multiple Teams? No Problem
- Preferred Hotel Rates & Amenities with GCI Team Travel
- 2 Different levels of Competition (Division 3-5 & Division 6- Rec)
- Play similar diverse competition from all over the Midwest.
- Scheduling requests are offered and worked around!
- All playing formats available – 6v6, 8v8, 11v11
- Excellent Referees
- GSI Sports has a 15 Year history of running top class events
U8-U10: 6v6 or 8v8
U11-U12: 8v8 or 11v11
Sign Up Deadline
April 14th, 2015
$495 for 6v6 teams
$525 for 8v8 teams
$550 for 11v11 teams
Get Instant Results
Receive instant score updates and important tournament news.
- This tournament has been designed to specifically cater to Division 3 – 7 and recreational teams with an official state roster.
- Teams must submit their League and tournament information and results for the 2012 Fall Season when they sign up to play at the Nutmeg.
- Teams playing in Division I & II at Heartland cannot play in this event.
- Teams from Topeka, Hays, Columbia, Jefferson City, Emporia, Salina etc. who play in smaller leagues (only one or two divisions) can play at this tournament if they can prove they are NOT a top premier team and don't compete at a higher level in other local tournaments.
- Our mission for this tournament is to provide all teams with a similar level of competition, please call us if you have any questions on which division your team belong in.
GSI has established the following procedure regarding tournament hotel reservations:
1. A condition of acceptance requires every "out of town" team to utilize one of the sanctioned hotels and book the rooms through Global Connections Inc. (GCI) using their online request system at www.GCITeamTravel.com. Global Connections has worked closely with the local hotels and has secured the best rates possible for this event. Outstanding properties will be available at affordable prices. Various options will also be available to satisfy team needs and all budgetary considerations.
2. A team failing to utilize Global Connections will not be permitted to participate in the tournament.
3. ALL teams traveling to participate in the tournament can designate a team representative to make the entire team's request, or team members may do their own individually online at www.GCITeamTravel.com. GCI has secured tournament room blocks at reduced rates from a wide range of hotels to suit the needs of all participating teams. A list of the hotels can be found online for this specific tournament.
Reserving is easy. Simply log on to www.GCITeamTravel.com, select the tournament you'd like to reserve rooms for and follow the prompts to make your selection and room request.
800.950.1110 | toll free
913.451.0960 | phone
913.451.2141 | fax