The focus of the week will be on the technical and tactical needs of the modern player.
This is a "one of a kind" camp, and something which has been missing in the Kansas City soccer community. It provides expert instruction on the most important part of the game – SCORING GOALS!. This camp will emphasize the process of developing top players (regardless of playing position) by providing a demanding environment. A high intensity camp with 90 minutes of scoring stations with quick rotations to achieve maximum repetitions followed by small-sided shooting scrimmages.
Topics of the week include
- Close range accuracy shooting
- Finishing with different parts of the foot
- Long range power shooting
- Shooting under pressure
- Scoring from crosses
- Headed & Volleyed finishes
- Chipping & Lobbing
- Shooting Competitions
- Small-sided scrimmages
Player Equipment Guidelines
- All players should bring a soccer ball to each session U9s-U12s need a size 4, U13′s size 5). The player’s name needs to be marked on the ball to identify it from the other balls at the camp.
- Each player should also have a water bottle clearly marked with his/her name.
- Shin guards are optional but recommended.